Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We started off celebrating Easter weekend on Friday night. Paul's mom and dad were going to the lake on Saturday morning, so we had our Easter meal with them Friday night. I took a coconut cake. The food was so yummy. She always get a turkey from the Honey Baked Ham store and it is so good. They didn't do an Easter egg hunt this year. Mamaw just decided to give each one $10. Here is Roman and his Easter basket. He was so excited to get money because he has been saving for the Xbox Star Wars game. Mr. Hudson got a soft blanket and lamb from Mamaw and Papa for Easter. He was calling it "amby". He leaves the first letter off of many words just like Ava did at his age. Here he is smiling his cheesy grin. SO cute!!

Little Ms. Ava and her basket. She got a new necklace and candy, etc... The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins Isaac and Kayla. Zach was out of town with his daddy, so he wasn't there.




Paul actually didn't work on Saturday, which was very rare and very nice. Roman had a soccer game at 11:00 am. It started raining on the way there. I thought for sure they would cancel the game, but I wasn't that lucky. We sat through his entire soccer game in the rain. I wouldn't have sat in the rain to watch the most famous soccer player in the entire world. However, I would do it for my son. My kids are the only people I would sit in cold rain for. Roman scored 3 goals! WooHoo! Way to go Roman. We came home and dyed Easter eggs while Hudson was asleep. I just wasn't ready for him to do that yet. I can't even imagine the mess. We went to church on Saturday night, as usual. I really liked the ideas of not battling the crowds of people on Easter Sunday morning. We gave the kids a gift from us for Easter. Roman got a new ds game he had been wanting. We gave Ava a gift card to American Girl and Hudson got a Winnie the Pooh ball and a ABC Star Wars book. I got them to pose for a few pictures.











After church we went to Cracker Barrel, like we do every Saturday night. My mom and dad gave the kids their baskets. Ava got another American Girl gift card and Roman got more money. Hudson got a tigger and a shapes puzzle. The kids were very excited!




Roman woke me up in the middle of the night because he was so excited the Easter bunny was coming. I have no idea why. He didn't even do that on Christmas Eve. He ended up in our room on a sleeping bag on the floor. I couldn't put him in our bed because Hudson was sleeping in our bed. I have kind of developed a bad habit of sticking him in bed with me when he wakes up in the middle of the night. I never did that with Ava and Roman. I blame it on the fact that he sleeps in our room anyway. It's just so much easier to put him in bed with me because then I can go right back to sleep.

Below is a picture of their Easter baskets. Ava got a Hello Kitty beach towel and a set of Ivy and Bean books. Roman got a Star Wars book and a Star Wars guy. Hudson got a Piglet, Eeyore, book, bubbles. They all got tons of candy and gum too.



They all three got flashlights that resemble light sabers. Here are the boys playing with them.




We got ready and went to Panera for breakfast. I felt really weird going there on Easter Sunday morning. I felt like I needed to wear a sign that said "we aren't evil...we went to church last night". Ha!

We tried to go to Target to get Roman's game he had been saving his money for, but Target was closed. We went to Price Chopper to get some things for dinner and then went home to lay Hudson down for a nap.




This was a very strange Easter for me. It's the first time in my whole life that I didn't eat an Easter dinner with my side of the family. My mom and dad were in the middle of moving this weekend. They have to be out of their patio home by Tuesday. They are moving to a house really close by. Jonathan and Shailey came on Sunday to help them move. They were just too busy to have a dinner. My grandparents went out to eat with Danny and Sandy and Josh and his girlfriend. Josh didn't have the kids this Easter anyway.

So, for the first time ever we had an Easter egg hunt at home. The kids really enjoyed it! It was so fun to watch Hudson!




After the hunt we sat in the grass and looked at the candy and money they got in their eggs. It was a beautiful afternoon. I felt so blessed sitting there with my three children.



We let the kids play outside and then we had dinner. Mary had sent home some turkey from Friday night, so we had that with corn on the cob, mac and cheese, chips and dip, and fruit salad. It was informal, but it was good! I made Apricot Jello for dessert. We loaded up and went to our favorite park. We took the dogs and walked on the trail and then went to the playset and let the kids play. It was a memorable day! Love my family!!








































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment