Yesterday was beautiful compared to the weather we have had this year. This has been the LONGEST winter I can remember. It has been cloudy and cold for days on end. It was in the upper sixties and sunny yesterday. We stayed in the house in the morning. I had laundry to do since we had just gotten back from our first lake trip of the year. Then around 2:00 we went outside and stayed for about 3 hours. It was a little windy so I had to hold Hudson with a blanket around him. The neighbors came over and the Ava and Roman played and played. Paul went to the store on his way home and picked up stuff to grill hamburgers. We grilled and then went for a walk. The kids rode their bikes and then played in the driveway until dark. I can't wait until we have more warm days like this. It looks like the forecast for the weekend includes snow, though. Ugh.
Hudson had his first trip to the lake house earlier this week. We left on Sunday and it was gloomy and rainy so we took our time going down. We stopped in Springfield at Jonathan and Shailey's house. Hudson slept until we were about 30 minutes from their house and then he woke up and wasn't very happy. I fed him at their house and we went to Qdoba for a late lunch with them. It was similar to Chipotle and we liked it. It was good for Hudson to be out of the car and out of his seat. When we left he slept until we got to WalMart in West Branson. We can't go to the lake house without stopping at WalMart first. We rented Planet 51 for the kids and had movie night that night.
The weather was not very good the whole time we were there. We kept thinking it would warm up a little but it just never did. The kids played outside a little bit. They jumped on the trampoline and played in the playhouse. We never got to go for a walk though. I think Paul only took them on one golf cart ride. We went to the outlets one day and to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Paul and Ava played checkers (the real way) and she loved it. We stopped at WalMart on the way home and bought a checkers set so they could play more. The next day we went down to the Landing and shopped around. We stopped at the drugstore at got candy on our way back. The kids played outside for a while and then we fixed spagetti for dinner.
Even though we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do, it was still SO nice to be together. It was nice to have Paul all to ourselves. We enjoyed our time with him. Hudson did great the whole time we were there. He slept from about 10:00 to 5:00 and then he would eat and sleep until about 8:00. He slept a lot on the way home, which was good too.
I need to take him to the doctor today at 11:15. He has two red patchy places on the side of his head. I want Dr. Greenwood to check them out.
More on stories of Hudson to come. I need to blog about him being born.
No comments:
Post a Comment