Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Unusual Day

Well, our morning was very typical.  The kids are signed up for storytime at the library.  Roman's 3 year-old storytime is at 10:15 on Tuesdays and then Ava's 4 & 5 year-old storytime is at 11:00.  So, we headed to the library.  Roman's cousin, Isaac usually comes too, so they get to sit by each other.  That makes it fun for him.  Ava always wants to play computer games while Roman is in his storytime.  When Ava is in storytime Roman will sometimes play on the computer, play puzzles, or play with Isaac.  For the last month, Lana and I have taken the kids to Taco Bell after we leave the library.  I took the kids home to take a nap and they didn't nap AGAIN!!  I understand that Ava probably won't take a nap everyday because she is almost 5, but I don't understand why Roman has started skipping his nap lately.  

The unusual part of the day was that Paul ACTUALLY came home about 4:15 yesterday.  That almost NEVER happens!!  So, we ate a quick dinner, which was actually breakfast for dinner.  Then we headed up to the Legends to go to the Stride Rite outlet to look for some Easter shoes for Roman.  We had no luck there. We had to go down to the T-Rex Cafe, of course.  We can't drive all the way to the Legends and not go there!  (FYI....Roman is a dinosaur freak.....an unusual love & fascination with dinosaurs)

Next, we went to Target where I opted to run in and leave Paul in the car with the kids.  Cute little Ava was craving ice cream (she LOVES ice cream....that girl can flat eat some ice cream) so we went to McDonalds and got milkshakes.  It wasn't ice cream, but it is hard for a 3 year old and a 4 year old to eat ice cream in the car.  It was the next best thing! 

Next stop.....Mamaw & Papa's house.  Paul's mom, Mary, had just gotten back in town on Monday.  She was in San Antonio for a month because Paul's sister just had a baby.  We wanted to stop by and let the kids see her.  We bathed them there hoping that they would fall asleep on the way home.....and of course, no such luck!  However, they did fall asleep very quickly when we got home.

I got comfy in record speed and settled on the couch to watch American Idol.  I'm loving Danny, Kris and Matt right now!

 We actually got to spend time with Paul on a week night....very unusual, but very awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment